1. Focus On The Curb Appeal The first thing that potential buyers will see is the outside of your house. The lawn, landscaping, front porch, front door, and driveway are the first impression your home is going to make, so spruce up the lawn, plant some flowers, paint the front door, reseal the driveway, whatever it takes to make a good first impression.
2. Time For Some Deep Cleaning This is crucial in home staging and is more than just picking up and vacuuming. Clean the spaces in the home that haven’t been cleaned for a very long time (or ever), including baseboards, vent covers, ceiling fans, and the fireplace.
3. Brush On A Fresh Coat Of Paint A fresh coat of paint in main rooms or throughout the house can bring a home back to life. Renew the space with neutral, crowd pleasing colors. This can also help potential buyers envision themselves living in the home.
4. Give Each Room A Purpose A spare room can make fantastic guest bedroom, home office, or gym. Each room should be transformed into a usable space where the buyers can envision what they can do with the room.
5. Update The Kitchen Fixtures Luckily, minor changes in the kitchen can make the space feel more modern and updated. Consider replacing old light fixtures with modern ones or swap outdated hardware.
6. Brighten The Bathrooms Light colors or white make things appear fresher, cleaner, newer, and more spacious. Brighten up your bathroom with a fresh coat of paint or with new white towels, shower curtain, and bathmat to give your bathroom a clean and relaxed feel.
7. Bring In The Light Curtains are beautiful, but they can darken and date a room. Potential buyers want to see the home in all its glory; so, pull up the blinds, open the curtains, and make sure the windows are spotless to let as much light in as possible.
8. Highlight The Positives Every house has its own stand-out features, whether its unique woodwork, great flow, or a stunning backyard. Boost the appeal of your home by playing up the positives.
Please feel free to contact me for advice on paint colors, trending light fixtures, and other features that are currently appealing to buyers.